Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment including state and central government public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings and railways.
Civil Engineering is traditionally broken into a number of sub-disciplines. It is considered the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. Civil engineering can take place in the public sector from municipal public works departments through to federal government agencies and in the private sector from locally based firms to global Fortune 500 companies
It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery. Mechanical engineering has all time demand and its spectrum grows with advances in other areas of technology.
The department of Civil Engineering started in 1983 in a fashionable manner. We have 35 years experienced Faculty & staff members. Faculty member continuously update their knowledge by attending training programmes at NITTTR, Chennai, AICTE sponsored programmes, Active participation of faculty members in consultancy and demonstrate the application concepts in field to the students, Fully equipped laboratories and Workshops, a well-maintained library, strong curriculum opportunities for industrial training at the end of second year summer vacation helps them to understand concepts. Final year students are encouraged to do their project work.
Keeping such requirements in mind competent and experienced faculty of our mechanical department prepares the students by giving simple assignments, seminars, conducting tests, short term courses allowing extra industrial practice. By studying mechanical engineering the students may be enriched in the skills of problem solving, creativity, clear communication ability, collaboration, and mathematics.
Mechanics of Solids, Construction Materials and Construction Practice, Surveying, Theory of Structures, Transportation Engineering, Estimating and Costing Valuation, Structural Engineering, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Pollution Control, Construction Management, Hydraulics, Advanced Construction Technology.
- Structural Engineering: Civil Engineers in this field create structural elements of design for bridges, skyscrapers, ports and airports etc. They also design and assess major projects such as buildings, bridges and dams to ensure their strength and durability.
- Geotechnical Engineering : Civil Engineers in this field work exclusively with rock and soil that support the structures and make sure that the foundations are solid. They focus on how structures built by civil engineers such as buildings and tunnels interact with the earth (including soil and rock). In addition, they design and plan for slopes, retaining walls, and tunnels.
- Environmental Engineering: Civil Engineers in this field design systems and structures for treatment of chemical, biological and thermal wastes.
- Water Resources Engineering: Civil Engineers in this field focus on collection, storage and management of water.
- Material Engineering: Civil Engineers in this field deal with the inspection of existing and development of new materials which can be used for construction projects.
- High Earning Potential. On average, a fresher in civil engineering can earn up to 2-3 lakhs per annum as a starting package
- Great Growth Prospects. Civil engineering is a domain of studies that offers opportunities for quick appraisals in career.
- Networking Opportunities.
- Civil engineers are central figures in community development. Without their unique talents, communities would not grow and prosper. Buildings and roads provide the basis of city infrastructure. Engineers not only provide them but they use their skills to optimise performance and efficiency of community systems.
- To produce the best quality Civil Engineers by imparting quality teaching, hands on experience and computational skills so as to meet the changing industrial needs and to make them entrepreneur and ethically strong engineers to build the nation.
- Our students have a solid foundation in civil engineering education to make them have a confident to become an entrepreneur
- Our students have ability to prepare plan, drawings, estimates, reports and execute all Civil Engineering projects by applying modern construction techniques, equipments and software which will equip them to complete the project in the stipulated time and cost.