Women In Development
Women Empowerment and Gender Equality are the most important requirements for the upliftment and progress of our nation. In the effort to make Ramanujan College a strong kernel of gender sensitization, the Women Development Cell (WDC) was constituted in November 2016 under the able convener-ship of Dr. Madhu Batta. The Cell has both the faculty and students of the College as its members and works with an aim to create a gender sensitized community within campus as well as in the society. It has been organizing varied academic, technical, medical, cultural and social events for the upliftment of women and spreading the real importance of gender equality in the society through College students.
- Helping female students live a balanced life where they neither lurk into depression nor take the abode of aggression.
- To stress upon the development of women in every sphere.
- To organize events and activities for women empowerment.
- To create an environment that will help women realize their full potential and give their best.
- Molding and enlightening the young minds and pave their way to grow into balanced and better human beings.
- To encourage female students to be self-reliant and economically independent.
- To instill positive self-esteem and confidence in the female students so that they can take the right decision in and for-their lives.
- Spreading awareness among the students about the social, legal and constitutional rights of women in order to prevent the exploitation based on gender.
- Making females cognizant about different kinds of violence: sexual, physical and mental and to further equip them with the knowledge and strength to fight against them.
- Creating awareness about the need for gender equality.