Electrical & Electronics
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the largest and fastest growing fields.
An electrical engineer is one of the high profile jobs out there. Being an electrical engineer is a matter of pride and prestige.
It is obvious that the whole world relies on electrical technology, without it our life would cease. Thus, becoming an electrical engineer affords you prestige and importance not found in other occupations. An electrical engineer is generally focused on large-scale electrical systems such as power transmission, motor control, utilizing electricity, and transmitting energy.
The electrical engineer designs new electrical systems and tests equipment and solves the problems. Electrical engineers can work on a diverse range of technologies from the design of household appliances, telecommunication systems, lighting and wiring of buildings, satellite communications and electrical power stations. The electrical design engineer develops new electrical systems for various applications.
There are plentiful career opportunities for electrical engineers. Electrical engineers can choose to work in a variety of industries including telecommunications, computers, aerospace, power generation, and manufacturing industries.
As electrical engineering is closely related to electronics engineering, therefore both can work together to work on some projects which combine both technologies.
Almost every sector involves the use of electrical engineers every now and then ranging from small products and equipment to large project equipment etc.
Now, underwritten are the various sectors that can employ an electrical engineer.
● Chemical and Electronics; the major role in this sector is of an electrical engineer only. They develop design, test on various tools and equipment which not only help and are used in this sector but also in day to day life.
● Aerospace for designing, developing, installing various products and equipment, etc.
● Power generation and Telecoms; the most demanding field for a telecommunications engineer for performing various tasks explained above.
● Materials, metals, and Oil and gas can develop, test, and maintain and improve electrical systems and components, including generators, transformers, and electric motors.
● Defence sector for making and testing defence products and arms etc.
● Marine and Railway for developing tools and equipment used in sectors like signalling, power heating, lighting, etc.
● Construction for building, planning, designing various tools which are required for construction and similar activities.