Mechanical Engineering is one of the traditional fields of engineering which has equally played a vital role in the industrialisation of the human race.
This department was established at PPC in 2003 with an intake of 60 with the demand in industries of diploma holders; the intake of this branch was increased from 60 to 120 in 2009. A branch of engineering concerned primarily with the industrial application of mechanics and with the production of tools, machinery, and their products.
Department of Mechanical Engineering at PPC has experienced, well qualified and dedicated faculty. State of art laboratories and workshops form an integral part of the department. Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery. Mechanical engineering has all time demand and its spectrum grows with advances in other areas of technology.
Mechanical Engineering is closely related to the design and production of machines which further reduces human labour. We create well trained students in CNC milling & turning to fulfill the industrial needs. We are regularly conducting Innovative Projects to develop the student technical skills and the best model was identified and motivated.
Keeping such requirements in mind competent and experienced faculty of our mechanical department prepares the students by giving simple assignments, seminars, conducting tests, short term courses allowing extra industrial practice. By studying mechanical engineering the students may be enriched in the skills of problem solving, creativity, clear communication ability, collaboration, and mathematics.
- Mechanical Engineers design and build solutions to arrange problems, improving efficiency across wide range industries.
- By studying mechanical engineering, we can look forward to good job prospects, high salaries and varied work.
- Mechanical Engineering combines creativity, knowledge and analytical tools to complete the difficult task of shaping an idea into reality.
- There is a huge scope of mechanical engineering in all kinds of manufacturing industries, aerospace engineering, automotive industries, government organisation, Public Welfare Departments and defence sector.
Future scope for Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile sector
- Railway coach factories
- Research and development fields
- Oil exploration sector.
- Mechanical Engineering which focuses on data exchange and automation in manufacturing technologies and processes which include the IOT, Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, industrial internet of things.